Home Energy Audit: Learn where your home consumes energy: Pledge to get a professional home energy audit
Hosted by Green Living Solutions
- A home energy audit is the first step to assess how much energy your home consumes and to evaluate what measures you can take to make your home more energy efficient.
- An audit will show you problems that may, when corrected, save you significant amounts of money over time.
- During the audit, you can pinpoint where your house is losing energy. Audits also determine the efficiency of your home's heating and cooling systems. An audit may also show you ways to conserve hot water and electricity.
- You can perform a simple energy audit yourself, or have a professional energy auditor carry out a more thorough audit.
- A professional auditor uses a variety of techniques and equipment to determine the energy efficiency of a structure.
- Thorough audits often use equipment such as blower doors, which measure the extent of leaks in the building envelope, and infrared cameras, which reveal hard-to-detect areas of air infiltration and missing insulation.